Salmon filets, split lengthwise
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
2 larg bunches Swiss Chard, chopped
3 Tablespoons chicken broth base
1/4 Cup each chopped fresh chives & parsley
2 Tablespoons chopped lemon thyme (optional)
- Toast the pine nuts in pan, set aside
- Season salmon with Greek seasoning and place in saucepan, skin side down to sear. Turn after skin starts to crisp and brown, cooking for 2 more minutes. Remove from pan
- add onions to pan, stirring until they become translucent. Add diced tomato, cook for one more minute. Add garlic, cooking for an additional minute. Add chopped swiss chard, tossing until it begins to wilt.
- add toasted pine nuts, quinoa, broth base and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- place salmon fillets on top of mix, cover with chopped herbs, turn off heat and cover, letting the mixture sit until quinoa absorbs the liquid, about 20 minutes.
- Serve, with toasted pine nuts sprinkled on top.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Comments are closed.